Pages

Saturday, June 12, 2010

CPS #170 and OLW #8

Yeah, so, I didn't make it to spin class this morning. Sleep was much too valuable to me. I wasn't feeling too guilty about it because I walked around the National Zoo with Meg and Robyn (friend from undergrad) for about 3 hours (in 90 degree heat and humidity, blech). We saw lions, tigers (no bears), golden lion tamarins, elephants, chinchillas, a panda butt, etc. The tiger was my personal favorite. Many of the animals were sleeping, but I guess that's all you can do in the heat. They also had spiders and bird-eating tarantulas, which, of course, I avoided like they were going to come out of their enclosures and eat me. Robyn informed me that the bird-eating tarantula was as big as her hand. Yep, good thing I avoided it. The lemonade we got was quite refreshing. I thought it was amusing that each of us got a different flavor (lemonade- Robyn, cherry lemonade- me, lime lemonade- Meg).

After the zoo, we escaped into a Starbucks to cool down and pass the time until it was time to get some dinner. We went to a place called Matchbox369. I got a caesar salad with some steak, which was good, but I didn't think the meal was awesome enough for the $12 I paid for it.

I think I'm finally caught up on my usual card challenges (CPS #170 and OLW #8). The theme for the One-Layer Wednesday card (right) was masking a background. I punched a cherry blossom on some leftover cardstock and used the remaining cardstock as a mask for the blossoms that you see in the background. All the stamps that I used for the two cards came from a recent Ebay auction win.

Card Specs (thinking of you):
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Rouge, Blackberry, Prussian Blue, Rose Coral, Pink Pastel
Stamps: Fiskars- Friendship Garden (all)
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Fiskars Threading Waters border punch
Foam Adhesive: EK Success
Paper: K&Company Citronella Scribble Flowers

Card Specs (love):
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Rose Coral, Chestnut Roan, Olive Pastel
Stamps: Fiskars- Asian Inspired (all)
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Carl Craft sakura punch

1 comments :

Susan Raihala said...

What a fun Asian-themed OLW! Fab colors and design! The other card is also fun...you combine colors beautifully!

AS for the zoo...my DS always wants to go to the zoo for his birthday, which is in November. That is definitely the best time of year to go to the zoo. The animals are so alert...we've even seen the red panda moving around, and they normally just sleep in a tree all day! So go back in November, bundle up, and see lots of animals moving around. Oh, yeah, there are NO CROWDS either, which is especially nice.

Post a Comment