Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Rough Start, Happy Ending

Ooook, so today didn't start off on the best note ever, but it did end on a good note. Lemme explain.

#1- Woke up late. I pressed the snooze button on the phone way too many times that it just gave up on me.

#2- When I was walking to my car this morning, I saw this random piece of lettuce on the ground. HUH? Weird. Whatever. Then I get closer to the driver's side door. There's this smear of yellow on the driver's side window! o_0 Are you serious? I have no time for this! At first I thought someone had egged my car last night, but I didn't find out until I was wiping it off that it was cheese! At this point, if I were a cartoon, there would be thunderstorms above my head and weird symbols indicating all sorts of colorful and creative profanity. The window was greasy. There were bits of meat everywhere. When I walked back to the house to discard the dirty paper towels, I saw a burger wrapper and part of a bun. Yep. I have concluded that a cheeseburger was thrown at my car.

While I was cleaning up my car as best I could, my cousin was on his way to work and saw that I was scrubbing my car. I explained what had happened and apparently in a very loud voice because another cousin that's staying at the house for a little bit heard the entire story from the guest room. Hopefully the whole neighborhood didn't hear my tirade.

Well, the car's as clean as it's going to get at the moment. Let's move onto the better part of my day, mkay? So, I've been craving key lime pie for a while and because homemade is the way to go, I did some recipe research. This is what I came up with. Ready? BTW, this was the original recipe, but I modified it based on the reviews. Modified version is below.
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
  • Combine 2 cans (1 can =14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk, 4 egg yolks, 3/4 cup of lime juice, some zest from a fresh lime.
  • Pour "batter" in 9 inch premade pie crust. Bake in oven for 19 minutes. Stop baking when you can see little pin holes at the top of the pie.
  • Cool pie to room temperature (or shove in freezer, if you are impatient like me) to desired consistency.
  • Eat super delicious pie. :D It's just the perfect balance of sweetness and tartness. Pure awesomeness.
The end. Tune in tomorrow for cards.

0 comments :

Post a Comment