Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Fall-To Layout 93

I cannot believe that I was actually functional at the office today. I felt like a total zombie, walking around half-awake. The leadership at work was nice enough to give 2 comp days for working this past weekend at the Annual Meeting. I'll be at a communication training tomorrow, but it would have been nice to be at the office tomorrow because the Executive Director is allowing the World Cup to be shown on the big screen in the large conference room. I'm sure there will be a big crowd in there with snacks and laptops to "work". The boss must have been feeling generous since there was a lot of positive feedback about the Annual Meeting.

After work, I went to the post office to mail off orders that came in while I was out. The lady behind me was one of the postal workers at the desk who retired. The ladies currently at the desk were happy to see her. I didn't recognize her since she wasn't wearing her uniform. I asked her "So, you don't get to do your own postage?" "No, that's not one of the perks of retirement," she answered. Ha ha.

Today, I finished a book that I was reading while I was in Cincinnati- Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella. I really enjoy reading the Shopaholic series written by the same author, so I figured that this book would be good too. I picked it up at the library on a whim before my trip. I also picked up Eclipse (Twilight), but I figured that Twenties Girl would be a less embarrassing choice to bring to a work meeting. Anyway, I enjoyed the book. There were definitely some LOL moments.

Hello, crafty goodies. How I've missed you so. Right before I left for Cincinnati, I won an Ebay auction for some Fiskars stamps. They arrived while I was away, so this is the first opportunity I've had to try them out. I was also behind on my clean&simple stamping challenge (#93) since I was away from home last Friday, so I figured I'd work on that too with my new goodies.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Yellow Citrus, Warm Green, Amber Clay, Chestnut Roan
Stamps: Fiskars- Petals from Scratch (flowers, leaves, stem, sentiment), Fiskars- Borders-A-Plenty (leaf border)
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
Foam Adhesive: EK Success
Paper: Die Cuts With A View- Citrus (floral)

0 comments :

Post a Comment