Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Endorphins and Lanterns

I started out the morning by going to Super Spin class. I muttered "good morning" to CGFDG. He looks at me and says, "You don't look really happy to be here." I said something about being tired and being out of town for a few days and wanting to get back to my spinning routine. The second I said "I'm tired", I immediately regretted it. What a crappy attitude to start the morning. And who the heck cares if you're tired?! No one! Get over it. It was a good class and with the help of some endorphins, I wasn't so frowny the rest of the day. The gym was able to get a spin instructor committed to teach the 8:30 1-hour spin class (it had been different people over the past few months). It was an instructor that at first I wasn't a huge fan of, but now I'm enjoying it. She's British so she starts the class with "I'm British...I don't want to talk about the World Cup." I think she was referring to yesterday's 1-1 tied game, England vs. USA.

I spent some time cleaning my room and getting some clothes together for donation. People in need can get some gently worn clothes and now my closet has room for new clothes. Win-win situation for everyone. I went to run some errands and was proud of myself for not impulsively buying new clothes to fill up the newly organized closet. The only the I came back with was lunch. The afternoon came to a close with a very nice nap with the cat.

For a change, I went into tonight's card making session knowing exactly which stamps I wanted to use. One of the Fiskars stamp sets came with a lantern and I thought it was so cute, so I knew that that was one of the stamps that I wanted to feature in tonight's card. I also like how it could be used for different events too...birthday, graduation, wedding, etc. I foresee using this stamp a lot in the future. It was a little challenging to get the images on the cardstock just right. The card that you see is like take #5 or #6, but I was determined to have an end product that I was satisfied with. Do you notice the little bit of masking that I did with the blue and red lanterns? :)

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Rose Coral, Charcoal, Prussian Blue, Warm Green, Warm Red
Stamps: Fiskars- Asian Inspired (lantern), Fiskars- Border-A-Plenty (dotted lines), Fiskars- Baby (sentiment)
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper

Song of the day: "Can't Be Tamed"- Miley Cyrus. I heard it in the car sometime today and realized halfway through the song that I was bopping my head to the beat. I hope no one noticed. Heh.

0 comments :

Post a Comment