Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Fall-To Layout #120

I didn't wake up in time for spin class this morning (oops) because I had forgotten to set the cell phone alarm the night before. I had my heart set on running today anyway. After a morning of folding some origami boxes and drinking hazelnut coffee, I set out for run around the neighborhood. I finally tried out some full length running tights. Paired with a yellow vest, I felt like a bumblebee. As long as drivers see me, that's all that matters, right? The tights kept me warm throughout the 3.6 mile run, thus making them the best non-crafty investment I've made in a while. I should stalk Target for sales so I can buy another pair.

While on my run, I got to see the neighborhood Christmas lawn decorations. My favorite one was a house that had a scene of the Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer characters. Super cute.

Here's my take on Fall-To Layout #120. I scrapped two ideas before I ended up with this one. One involved some chipboard elements, and another one was going to be focused on a flower made of text paper. I was trying to stay away from Christmas themed cards, but I ended up going in that direction anyway. Having some sort of sentiment over the glitter on the green cardstock was a little tough. When in doubt, use black embossing powder.
Card Specs:
Embossing powder: Personal Stamp Exchange- Black
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Warm Red
Stamps: The Paper Company Studio- Christmas Expressions (sentiment), Hero Arts- Cling Dots (polka dots)
Paper: My Mind's Eye- Countdown to Christmas
White Gel Pen: Inkssentials
Ribbon: Sweet Petites from A.C. Moore

Song of the day: "Turn on the Radio" (good running song) and "Consider Me Done"- Reba McEntire.

0 comments :

Post a Comment