Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye, 2010

I'm ending 2010 on a good note, and I hope that you all are too.

a. I spent most of the day making fabric flowers, paper crafting, and watching reruns of NCIS. Some of my favorite activities. I love how that black and white fabric has the illusion that it's made out of lace because of the pattern. I also tried making a pointed tip flower (vs. a rounded tip flower) and also a flower that has 6 petals instead of 5. I am becoming better friends with my new glue gun today.

b. I sold two cards from my Etsy shop today, after a 2 week drought. I was able to test out the scale that my sister gave me for Christmas. Yay, it DOES work!

c. We're having a family dinner tonight. Robyn, a friend from college, will be coming along too. I'm glad that the thought of spending NYE with my large family didn't scare her off.

d. I signed up for an 8K that's taking place in DC in March 2011. There's no turning back now! I'd better get my running in gear in the next few months!

Here's my card for today. I found a tutorial on how to make origami wreaths, and I happen to have some American Crafts scraps laying around so I decided to give this a try. I love this stamp because it covers, well, everything. I can't decide if this card is masculine or gender neutral. I suppose it could go either way. I'll have to find some Valentine's Day paper to make similar cards for Valentine's Day.
Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Charcoal
Stamp: Studio G
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
Paper: American Crafts- Metropolitan
Ribbon: Spool O' Ribbon
White Gel Pen: Inkssentials

2 comments :

Linda B said...

Happy New Year! Great wreath card.

June K. said...

Love your flowers - it does definitely look like lace. Thanks for the link to the origami wreath. I am going to try it.

Post a Comment