Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Lunch with Jessie

I was SO happy to be able to catch up with my friend from graduate school, Jessie, over lunch today. The last time I had seen her was over the summer, so we were able to update each other on travels, house hunting/buying, and other fun adventures since the last time we talked. Then I got to go home early because the Big Boss dismissed us at 1 PM. This allowed for a nice long nap when I got home.

I was working on my kanzashi flowers, but I did take a break to fold a new origami model (a lotus) using a YouTube tutorial. The guy speaks Portuguese, so I had no idea what he was saying. Fortunately, I could tell what he was doing just by watching his hands and occasional subtitle. Yeah, so the lotus has purple leaves. That's the scrap paper that I had on hand for practice.

Tonight, I went to A.C. Moore to get a glue gun with my 50% off coupon. I also ventured to the local fabric store to see if they had any cute fabric and yep, they did! On sale too! And the few buttons that I got were on sale too. Scoooore! My favorite flower is the blue one. Third time's the charm tonight. I finally figured out about how much to cut the petals once they are on the needle.

0 comments :

Post a Comment