Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Office Cookie Exchange and Spin Class Appreciation

Successful cookie exchange today. Well, successful in that I didn't take many of my own cookies home with me. I wish more people brought in stuff, but I get that people busy with the holidays and stuff.

At spin tonight, Anna played Metro Station's "Shake It", which I thought was amusing because I mentioned yesterday that I'd be reminded of Ben Davis shimmy-shimmy-ing if I ever heard that song again, and I was reminded tonight. Also at spin, at the end of class I gave Anna a penguin holiday card with a gift card inside to show my appreciation. She doesn't HAVE to make class fun, but she does, so I felt that she needed to know that she's doing a good job. She gave me a thank you hug, even though I told her I was sweaty and gross. She was sweaty too, so I guess we just cancel each other out?

For today's card, I was determined to use this American Crafts stamp set that I bought on sale a few weeks ago and the DCWV paper pack that Meg gave me for my birthday earlier this year. I like how there's a contrast between the neutral brown and bright colors. And hello? Check out those bow-tying skillz. :D

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Chestnut Roan
Stamp: The Paper Company Studio- Greetings (sentiment), American Crafts- Majestic (floral)
Paper: Die Cuts With a View- Citrus
Punch: Martha Stewart- Classic Butterfly, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper

Song of the day: "Shake It"- Metro Station. I can't help it. It's catchy.

0 comments :

Post a Comment