Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

CPS #197

It's time for another office used computer raffle. Did I win, you ask? No. (Wah.) BUT just like this past summer, someone won on their first day! What is UP with that? I really think they need to change the rules on that. You should have to get through your probationary period of 3 months before becoming eligible to enter. BAH! A good thing that happened was that my boss won a computer. And since she's based in another state, I put her business card into the box for the drawing. Maybe I gave her card good vibes. Only those good vibes didn't transfer to my own business card...

Another thing that happened at the office was...when I was chatting with a coworker in his office, I saw the receptionist walk by with something in her hands. She backtracked and showed me what it was. OMG. More red velvet cupcakes? Yes, please! We both leaped out of our seats and followed her into the kitchen. She brought in some a few days ago for us to taste test for her. They were a little dry (she said so herself, so I didn't have to feel bad about giving her that same feedback too), but the ones today were much improved. I'm a fan.

Today was our first day of legitimate snow. I say legitimate in the sense that the roads got messy and shoveling had to be done. Since I wasn't planning to go to spin class because of the awful road conditions, I decided to shovel out our driveway (well, not the whole thing, just enough to get Dad's car in), our sidewalk, my neighbor's sidewalk (she opened the door with her kids by her side, "THANK YOUUUU!"), and my cousin's driveway and sidewalk. Yep, I got my workout in for today! Tomorrow's commute should be interesting. Hey, maybe there won't be a commute. If the roads are bad enough, I'll just camp out at home. Thank you, telework gods.

For the today's card, I wanted to try something different: heat embossing a background stamp on top of patterned paper. I usually think that patterned paper can stand alone because the papers I pick are often colorful or bold, but I'm going to think outside my box today. I heat embossed a cherry blossom pattern on top of a pick piece of leaf patterned paper. Hello, heat gun. How I've missed you. I think the card today could be used as a valentine for those that don't like the traditional red, pink and white. Anyway, here's my attempt at CPS #197.
Card Specs:
Embossing powder: Stampendous! in white
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Stamps: The Paper Company Studio- Greetings (sentiment), Fiskars- Asian Inspired (cherry blossoms)
Paper: Die Cuts With a View
Flowers: Prima
Brad: Making Memories Brad Value Pack- Chelsea's Place collection
White Gel Pen: Inkssentials
Foam adhesive: Thermoweb

0 comments :

Post a Comment