Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Card Confusion

So, a few months ago, I was asked by the Human Resources department at work to create some birthday and anniversary cards so that they can send to the staff at the appropriate time. I made some floral cards that were intended for women and then some origami shirt and necktie cards intended for the men. I found today that they need some more anniversary cards so they placed an order for 10 cards (yay!) and also that some of the origami shirt and necktie cards were sent to female staff members. The HR lady showed me what cards were remaining in the box that I gave them a few months ago, and many of the origami shirt cards were still there. I think I said something along the lines of "Yeah, those are the cards that I made for the guys." The lady looked at my wide eyed. "What?...Did you give those to women?!" She said yes because some of the neckties were made with warmer colors (red, pink, etc.).

Errrrr. Sigh.

I guess in the end, what it boils down to is once the cards leave my hands, they are someone else's responsibility. It's not a reflection of me or my work if a female staff person is confused or doesn't like the anniversary card she gets because it's more on the masculine side.

0 comments :

Post a Comment