Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

A Social Saturday

I was very social today (a rarity...). I had not one, but TWO events today!! :) I went to Laura's house for a MPH girls get-together. Laura, thank you for hosting and for the yummy food. Your house is beautiful! The menu was blueberry almond French toast bake, fruit salad, spinach salad, granola and yogurt, veggie pupusas, white chocolate dessert, and mimosas. Life would seriously be more fun if calories didn't count. But I had fun tasting a little bit of everything. I hope there's a bike for me at spin class tomorrow.

Then in the evening, I went to a friend (in the black shirt in the picture below) from high school's "Dip and Play" party in Baltimore, where we were encouraged to bring a food that requires dipping it into something. There was a variety of treats to eat: chips/dip, chocolate/fruit, Oreos, salsa, etc. My contribution was vegetables and hummus. We played Apples to Apples, SmartAss, and Family Feud. I didn't know any of her friends, but thankfully another girl that I went to high school with (in the gray shirt in the picture below) came to the party. I haven't seen her in 10 years, but we had a lot to catch up on. The thing that I love about potlucks is that you can usually bring your leftovers home. I'll be set for fruit salad and veggies (healthy snacks) for work this week! Woot!

Nail polish: I wanted to try an image that wouldn't cover the whole nail, and I chose a butterfly. Red: Ulta in Ruby Slipper. White: Revlon in White on White. Bundle Monster plate #222.

0 comments :

Post a Comment