Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Jennifer's Baby Shower

...was a success. Even if there were some bumps along the road.
  • My phone beeped this morning. When I checked the incoming email, one was from Jennifer's boss, saying that she was sick and wasn't going to be able to make it. Great, super. One less person to help with picking food up and decorating and setting up.
  • The 3 food trays (cheese, vegetable, fruit) were incredibly heavy. The fruit one buckled a little from the weight while in transit, causing some of the fruit juice to get on my coworker's cream colored pants.
Sigh. Oh well. How boring would this story be if everything happened just the way it was supposed to?

Anyway, we played some games and ate a ton of food. For anyone that has a party coming up and needs a cake idea, go to Whole Foods and order the strawberries and cream cake. It was just as awesome as people said it would be. It was ordered for another office baby shower at the beginning of February, but I didn't get to eat it because I was out sick. Several people reported to me the day after that the cake was awesome. Yep, it was. My favorite gift that Jennifer got was these onesies- Thing 1 and Thing 2.

If I should ever get tired of public health, I think I should go into event planning...
Song of the day: "Young Blood"- The Naked and Famous. Heard it at spin class last night.

0 comments :

Post a Comment