Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Floral Birthday Card

Here's my card for today. I wanted to use this Hero Arts flower that I bought in Minneapolis last summer. I used Distress Inks to color in the flower and Liquid Pearl to add some dimension in the center of the flower. The first time, I accidentally touched it before it was dry! ACK! Fortunately, I was able to use a tissue to wipe it off and start over. Because of so much trial and error in this card, it took a lot longer than I would have liked. At least it turned out okay!

Card Specs:
Embossing powder: Personal Stamp Exchange- Black
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Barn Door,Wild Honey, Peeled Paint
Paper: American Crafts- Letterbox
Stamps: Hero Arts Cling Stencil Flower, Studio G (sentiment)
Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 4, Spellbinders Nestabilities Foliage
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Martha Stewart- Classic Butterfly
Other: Liquid Pearl in Buttercup

Song of the day: "Addicted to Love" - Robert Palmer. I heard this at spin class and for some reason, I had a flash back to the time I watched the movie with the same title at a friend's house back when we were in middle school. I think it's funny how music brings back memories from a while back.

0 comments :

Post a Comment