Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Cristina's Baby Shower

My graduate school friend Cristina is pregnant with twin boys, and I was invited to go to her baby shower which was held today.  It was at a country club that was not too far away from my house.  It was kinda tucked away in a neighborhood of houses.  I had never been there before, so when the GPS said that I was getting close, I was a little dubious.  A country club?  Here?  Are you sure?  Yep, sure enough, it was there.

I said hello to Cristina and her mother and then sat down to wait for another graduate school friend Laura.  Soaking in the atmosphere, the place was decorated very nicely, especially the centerpieces which were stuffed animals (monkey, lion, and elephant), wooden building blocks, and balloons.  There was a cheese plate that I had to hold myself back from because I knew there would be more food and cake later.  Seeing as I just got back from my cruise, it's not like I need more food!  Oh well.

The food was amazing!  I had a chicken corn tortilla soup and a large salad.  The cake was marble with a nice layer of frosting on top.  Yum!  We played a trivia game and then while Cristina was opening her presents, we played baby present bingo.  It was fun to see all the cute baby things that came out of the wrapped boxes and gift bags.
Cute centerpiece
Mmm...salad.
Mmm...cake.
Among my presents was an alien baby blanket.
Can't go wrong with Dr. Seuss (someone else's present).

0 comments :

Post a Comment