Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

New Running Shoes

At the office: My office mate informed me around lunch time that people were setting up food downstairs in the lobby.  Whoa, what?  That's exciting!  Not long after that, we got emails saying something about a "spring fling."  We all jumped out of our seats to get to the elevator.  Other colleagues beat us to it and were already waiting for the elevator when we got there.  We were greeted with colorful leis (I got a pink one) and lots of food: burgers, veggie burgers, hot dogs, chips, popcorn, sodas, and cookies.  I got a veggie burger and a thing of cookies (that I ended up giving away to some friends in the other building).  Another non-food related thing that I got was a hula hoop, which I tried when I got home.  It has beads inside that made noise, so RJ zoomed under the table.  I can't say that I'm the best hula hooper, but practice makes perfect!

New Running Shoes: With the weather warming up slightly this week, I thought it'd be a great time to get my running legs back in gear.  The first step is to get some new running shoes.  The last time I got new running shoes was back in 2011, and the Mizunos are so comfortable that yes, I used them for running, but lately, they are my go-to sneakers.  I went to DSW after spin class tonight, armed with a $10 off coupon.  They had a larger selection of Mizunos but none of them were "support" running shoes, which I need because my feet are rather flat than arched.  I went with my friend Meg's brand, which is Brooks.  I looked up which ones would be support shoes on my phone and saw that DSW had one of them in two colors: yellow/grey or white/periwinkle (Ravenna 3).  I went with the yellow/grey.
Recipe #3 of 2013: I was inspired by this recipe for Guiltless Banana Ice Cream. I took the 7 frozen bananas, chunky peanut butter, and some chocolate chips and ran everything in the food processor.  I was a little skeptical before, but I was pleasantly surprised that it was so yummy!  Now I have something to satisfy my sweet tooth without feeling guilty later. 

0 comments :

Post a Comment