Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2013

CVS Beauty Spring 2013 Clearance Finds

CVS Beauty Spring 2013 Clearance Finds: The beauty blog NouveauCheap (NC) recently posted about the a make-up clearance sale at CVS.  Since I didn't spend much at yesterday's yard sale run (2 whole dollars, gasp!), I felt comfortable spending that money at CVS instead.  When I went to CVS, they didn't have any clearance stickers on any of their products.  I even went as far as asking a sales clerk that was scanning stuff in the make up aisle.  I pulled up the blog post on my iPhone, showed it to her, and asked if she knew anything about it.  She didn't and said that the store wasn't doing it.  o_0 What?  I did not give up.  I started scanning some of the items the NC mentioned, and the CVS price checker was showing stuff on clearance.  Good thing I was persistent!  I would have missed out on a bunch of goodies!  I picked up the following:
  • Revlon's Lip Butter in Brown Sugar (a nice neutral color, 75% off)
  • an Orly nail polish in Passion Fruit (a hot pink that's bordering on obnoxious.  Maybe I'll wear this to my work annual meeting in 2 weeks, tee hee.  50% off)
  • CoverGirl Natureluxe Gloss Balm in 250 Cabernet.  Yay for SPF 15. (50% off)
  • CoverGirl Natureluxe Gloss Balm in 215 Hibiscus (50% off)
  • CoverGirl SmokyShadow Blast in 825 Tempest Blue (50% off)
Of course, I went into the store armed with coupons that I had clipped recently.   If I bought this loot without the clearance sale or coupons, we're bordering on $43 (no freakin' way would I pay that much for make-up!), but with the sale and coupons, I got everything for a little over $15 before tax.  Out of the bunch, I've only tried the lip products, and so far I'm really pleased with the lip products because they give a hint of color (not like BAM), which is perfect for every day wear.

When I got home, I watched YouTube reviews on the SmokyShadow Blast, and most of them were not really positive.  Fortunately, I kept my receipt so I can return it if I need to (and pick up something that I DO like!).

So, if you're in the mood for make-up, run (not walk because the clearance products will probably be sold out quickly!) to the nearest CVS after doing some research by reading the NC blog and get some goodies!
Workout: Did Zumba 2 for Wii again tonight. I had to work off some cookies that I ate last night and today.  It's all about balance, right?

0 comments :

Post a Comment