Wednesday, May 8, 2013

New Orleans, Day 5

Today was my last day in New Orleans.  It's been fun, but I'm ready to get back into my routine, especially sleeping in my own bed since I haven't been sleeping that well during the time I've been here.

The exhibit hall was very quiet today, more than the other days, even though those were quiet too.  I snagged this book for my friend Jessie who recently had a baby girl.  They were giving these books for free!  I guess the more stuff they give away, the less these folks have to carry home.
I went over to one of the booths that had huge containers of candy that people have been taking away with Chinese food containers.  I hadn't approached this booth all week since the candy is really for the people attending the meeting, not vendors like me.  However, since this was the last day and the exhibit hall was pretty empty, I felt like it was okay to get the candy.  I snagged some gummy bears and mini Swedish fish.
The exhibit hall closed at 3 PM, but people were already packing up around 2 since there weren't many meeting attendees around.  The lady that had the booth across from us yelped.  There was a huge cockroach on her boxes!  All the exhibitors in our area went over to look.  Yep, it was the size of my thumb.  My boss said to the guy in the booth next to us, "Shouldn't you be helping the pregnant lady kill that cockroach?"  He looked puzzled as to what to do.  Put it in a cup?  Crunch it with his foot?  That's what he ended up doing, and the pregnant lady grimmaced because she could hear the crunch.  Another exhibitor asked him if he was feeling more manly now.  Ha ha.

Packing up was pretty easy, but I waited around for a while for my shuttle to pick me up at 4:15 PM.  My flight was at 6:30 PM, and I was scared that I wouldn't be able to make it because of the traffic and other passengers the shuttle had to pick up.  I made it in time...until I found out that there was going to be a 30 minute delay.  UGH.  Metro wasn't going to be an option since the subway closes at midnight, and I didn't want to get stuck on the train on the way home.  Dad was nice to pick me up at baggage claim.  Whew, home sweet home!  In a rush to get back to normalcy, I have already unpacked and done a load of laundry.  I'm currently eating ice cream (there's not much else in my fridge) and catching up on the Real Housewives of Orange County.


cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Whew.....busy, busy, bet RJ was glad to have you home...where does he stay when you go on trips???

Post a Comment