Pages

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Summer Craft Fair #2

Summer Craft Fair #2: The good news was that the sun was out today, but the bad news is that it was windy.  I saw many tents flying around because they were not weighed down.  Us vendors cringed and tried to secure our items as much as possible so they wouldn't be gone with the wind, literally. 

I'm not one to eat fast food, but the daughter and husband of the vendor next to me went to Chick-Fil-A next door and the smell from their goodies was amazing.  I think the breezy weather was also luring me to get something warm to eat.  The yogurt that I had before I left the house just wasn't cutting it.  I zipped over and got a sausage/egg/cheese biscuit and some hash browns and that totally made my morning.  Fast food once in a while isn't so bad, right?

My co-worker and her kid stopped by to say hi.  While the kid was too shy in the beginning, she said bye to me and I felt like a winner.

One kid there was really annoying the vendors by touching everyone's stuff and running around.  Her father was definitely too busy socializing to pay attention to her.  She was swinging from a handrail, but little did she know that the handrail was broken.  She got mid-swing and then landed on her bottom as the handrail disconnected from the post.  You could tell she was shocked, rubbing her butt.  Poor kid.  She and her dad promptly went home.  I know several venders were cheering on the inside.

Another kid came by and asked if she could have a Starburst.  "Sure, it's free."  She came back 5 minutes later to ask for another, which I saw her give to her brother.  When she came the third time, I told her no because we had to save some for other people.  When I saw her the fourth time, it was because her brother brought the family over. There goes another Starburst. If this becomes a regular thing at the market, I might have to rethink this candy situation. 

Today's craft fair was surprisingly more financially successful than my first one of the summer, yay!  I felt like I could justify going to a nice dinner tonight at the nearby hibachi restaurant with a friend. 

Hibachi Dinner: I met up with Beth after the craft fair and we went to the CVS to check out their make up section to see what items they had from the NouveauCheap list.  I didn't get anything, but I did return the CoverGirl eyeshadow stick that I bought on Sunday still sealed.  The reviews that I saw online were terrible so it wasn't even worth trying.  Then we headed to the hibachi restaurant for dinner.  Because we got there around 4:30 PM, there wasn't really a crowd.  When we left, it was quite a different story.  I'm glad that they have good business, and after eating there, I can see why.  The food was amazing!  I got the shrimp and scallop hibachi, and that came with soup, salad, shrimp, veggies, noodles, and fried rice.  An insane amount of food.  I'm glad that I have leftovers for lunch tomorrow.  I also got a lemon drop martini which was delicious.  After dinner, I went to another CVS (I do an update to my CVS clearance makeup haul tomorrow), stopped by my parents' house to visit and then went to my uncle/aunt's house on my way home.  I'm exhausted, but it was a great day! :D

1 comments :

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

mmmmmmmmm looks good!!!!
Honestly...some peoples children can sure be unruley, can't they? Back in my day, we got spankings or slaps on the face if we were being obnoxious!

Post a Comment