Pages

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Yard Sale Finds

Yard Sale Finds: There was a community yard sale today that had 35+ households participating. I was hoping to get some good loot, but with the rainy weather, I wonder if some people bowed out at the last minute. I came away with a cell phone wallet and a still sealed DVD copy of Quantum of Solace (yay, Daniel Craig), $1 each.  The cell phone wallet has room for some cash and credit cards. It's got a cushioned cover but a solid metal frame.
TomTom Scare: I had no idea what was going on with my TomTom GPS today.  It just wouldn't turn on, even with being plugged in with a charger.  I went to far as to go to Best Buy after my yard sale rounds to get another charger, thinking that's what the problem was.  I sat in the Best Buy parking lot, trying to figure out what to do.  I tried the new charger and it still didn't work!  I googled for a solution and one of them suggested pressing down the on button for 30-45 seconds (longer than I normally do to turn it on) and it turned on!  Whew, that was close!  I went back into Best Buy and they let me return the new charger that I only had in my possession for about 10 minutes.  Ha ha.

Friends: For dinner tonight, I went to hang out with Meg and Robyn. We went to Piola, an Italian place and I had my fill of spaghetti and meat sauce.  It was very good and I totally cleared my plate.  Meg's co-worker gave her a bunch of homemade cookies (peanut butter cookies with chocolate sandwiched in between) after a stressful week of work and since she didn''t want to eat them all, she gladly gave some away to me and Robyn.  Robyn, on the other hand, bought a chocolate Capitol from Costco and put that in the kitchen for her co-workers to share during Saturday overtime.  She took pictures over the course of the day as people were hacking away at it.  There wasn't much left at the end of the day, but she brought the leftovers with her to dinner tonight too.  I definitely won in the food department today.

0 comments :

Post a Comment