Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

New Orleans, Day 4

Today, they had a breakfast in the exhibit hall for vendors, so I zipped over to the convention center while my boss did some conference calls today.  Breakfast consisted of donuts and beignets and coffee.  I already had some oatmeal and fruit over at the hotel, so I didn't go all out.  I ate 2 of the beignets and saved one for my boss.
While the Dippin' Dots that I tried yesterday were horrible, the cookies 'n cream ones that I had today were much better.  I realized today that the colored ones were supposed to be some sort of sorbet kind, which explained the strange texture.  This whole time, I thought they were trying to pass yesterday's for ice cream. 
For dinner tonight, we went to Oceana and got some seafood.  My boss got the redfish and I got the fried shrimp platter.  The food was amazing and much better than yesterday's food!  We walked around the streets surrounding Bourbon Street, just to get a change of scenery and made it back to the hotel in time for NCIS.  Only one more episode of the season, ahhhhh!

0 comments :

Post a Comment