Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Fall-To Layout #249

Good Morning Oops: For some reason, I thought a yard sale that I had my eye on started at 8 AM, so I bolted out of bed around that time and made my way there only to find that the event didn't start until 10 AM.  I spent the extra time this morning, making a card instead.  I went back later, but there wasn't anything that I really wanted.  Oh well.

Card: We're having a mini-family reunion next week to celebrate his 79th birthday.  I was tasked with making a big card for folks to sign, so I used Fall-To Layout #249 for inspiration.  He's into gardening and burgundy, so I wanted to incorporate both into this card.  I wonder if I should have chosen a brighter blue base paper, so I'll have to see what Mom and Julie say later.



Card Specs: 
Embossing powder: Stampendous! in white
Embossing ink: VersaMark 
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Prussian Blue
Stamps: Stampin' Up- Definitely Decorative Ferns
Punch: Fiskars Upper Crest border punch

Ebay: I was able to sell an old Sony Walkman that I have, but my excitement waned quickly when I found out that the buyer was from Russia.  My initial reaction was "Is this a scam?" Maybe he didn't look closely at my listing to where I said I only ship within the US.  I emailed the buyer to tell him to include a US shipping address or otherwise, I'm going to cancel the order.  I'll have to adjust my selling settings so that only US people can bid.  Sheesh.

Car Craziness: When I was driving home from the gym this afternoon, some jerk (other words that come to mind are more profanity-laced) wasn't watching when he was merging into my lane.  I dunno how he (or she) missed me, my car is bright red!  Anyway, the person almost crashed into my car.  I think if the front of my car was bigger, we would have had a serious problem.  The funny (or not so funny) thing was that I was more worried for my car than my own life.  My horn definitely got a work out.  UGH!

When frustrated, make cookies.  That's a good general rule for me.  I made another batch of avocado chocolate chip cookies.

0 comments :

Post a Comment