Pages

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Yard Sale Finds

My yard sale route excursion was not very long today because a) there weren't that many in my area and b) it was way too hot to be running around outside today.  That doesn't mean that I didn't find anything good though.  I found a Mario Kart game for Nintendo GameCube ($3) for my Ebay box and a Ms. Pac-Man plug-and-play game ($1).  There were other GameCube games that were available, but as I was researching in my car on the Ebay app, Mario Kart seemed like the only one that would be worth anything.  I wasn't sure how I could test it since I don't own a GameCube myself, so I took a chance anyway.  I later found out that GameCube games also work on the Wii, which worked out great because I have a Wii.  I popped it in and it worked fine.  I don't have any GameCube controllers to do a more thorough test, but what I saw on the screen was fine.  The plug-and-play game was a source of a lot of entertainment tonight when Robyn and Julie came over for Indian food dinner.  I plugged the game in and the 3 of us took turns playing the 5 games that were available on it: Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga, Mappy, Pole-Position, and Xevious.  It's still up in the air on if I'm going to resell it or not.

Robyn brought Beasts of the Southern Wild (Netflix), and the movie was weird.  Nothing that I'd watch again...it's just not my cup of tea.  I can see how the little girl was nominated for an Academy Award.  She was great!

My Up DVD sold today on Ebay...I'm on a roll!
Julie, showing off her video game skills.

0 comments :

Post a Comment