Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Family Dinner (Part 2)

The big event today was a BBQ to celebrate my uncle's birthday.  Both my uncle and Julie made steaks.  My cousin Erick made salads.  My aunt made pasta salad.  Julie also made 2 blueberry cheesecakes so that there would be enough dessert for everyone.  The cousins all pooled together money to buy my uncle a computer, an upgrade from his clunker.  My cousin Peggy bought some photo albums so that we could put some pictures in it.  I combed through my hard drive and came out with 30 photos to print at Target.  I had to laugh because 90% of the pictures had food somewhere in it.  I also made a card for people to sign.  Watching my uncle beaming with happiness that his family was celebrating with him was very heartwarming (some family members traveled from Taiwan and Japan for this event).
With Julie
 
 
 
 
With Pai-Han

Mom and Julie cutting and serving the cake.

With Emily

2 comments :

June K said...

TFS. I think the photo album was a great idea. Wonderful memories and someone can give him photos from the party as well. It's funny that you mention 90% of the photos you contributed had food in them - sounds like our family. We always have food.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Looks like a great party with lots of good food and fellowship with family!!

Post a Comment