Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

New Nails + Target Run + New Card

Busy Morning: I went to another yard sale this morning on the way to the gym, but came away empty handed.  Meh, no biggie.  At the gym, I did 15 minutes on the modified stair stepper, 2500 m row, 15 minutes on the elliptical, and finished it off with another 2500 m row.  My shoulders are probably going to feel it tomorrow.  Next I went to Target and my goal was to get some swimming goggles and an new iPhone case.  I was inspired to do so because a) it seems like the pool at the gym is not used very much (which hopefully translates to me getting the pool to myself and b) I feel like I need to switch my workouts up instead of doing mostly spinning.  My upper body strength could use some work.

The new iPhone case was more of a priority than the goggles because the case that I bought exactly a week ago has already cracked in several places. What a piece of crap.  The case was hard so it was difficult to pry the phone out when I wanted to put it in my arm band for listening to music while working out at the gym.  I needed something that was more flexible, so I ended up with a teal and black one from iFrogz. 

Ebay Update: My Just Dance 2 Wii game that I bought at a yard sale last weekend sold on Ebay, my first Ebay sale ever!  Now I'm just waiting for the buyer to pay.  I wish the payment was instantaneous like Etsy, but that's not really how Ebay works so I'll just have to be patient.  I mean, if the buyer doesn't pay, I can always relist the game.

Nails: I picked up two colors of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri nail polish during my Target run today.  I was drawn to this almost kelly green color called In Record Lime (right).  It looks very similar to Just in Lime (left), but Just in Lime is more yellow.
New Card: Here's a birthday card that I need to send out to a friend next week.  I started at the card for a little bit tonight, thinking that something was missing.  Ah ha.  Water.  I used some blue Distress Ink and my Aqua Painter to add some blue to the bottom of the jar to make it look like there's some water for the flowers to soak up.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Charcoal, Dark Peony, Warm Green.  Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Broken China.
Stamp: Stampin' Up- Elementary Elegance (sentiment), Perfectly Preserved (jar, stem, flower).  Fiskars- Thank You (leaf)
Paper: American Crafts- Hello Sunshine
Punch: Fiskars Upper Crest border punch
Other: Staedtler Triplus Fineliner

0 comments :

Post a Comment