Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2016

CrossFit and Shopping

9:30 AM CrossFit, check! Jeff shaved off his beard! He has kinda a babyface underneath it all, ha ha. 3 x 5 front squat at 65 lbs.

WOD: 10:00
Start off with 800 m run
In the remaining time, AMRAP:
25 kettlebell swings (26 lbs)
20 goblet lunges

I got through 2 complete rounds and then tacked on 1 KBS in the last second.

The sun was actually out today, which was so nice. I did quite a bit of shopping this afternoon.
  • Ulta. I had a coupon and an Ebates gift card to use. I bought The Body Shop body butters in strawberry and mango (OMG, they smell so nice!), NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Budapest, and a self tanning mitt.
  • The healthy eating challenge states that  you can have a treat on Saturday or Sunday. There are 4 options: dark chocolate, wine/cider/beer, popcorn, white or brown rice. I went to Whole Foods to check out the dark chocolate there. Yikes, it was a little expensive there, so I went next door to CVS. Ah, buy 1, get 1 50% off. Perfect. I bought 2 bars each of 85% and 90%. As I was walking out, the homeless guy with his service dog were sitting not too far away. I see him there pretty frequently. I asked him if he wanted some chocolate. His face lit up, "Sure!" I handed him one of the bars of chocolate and continued on my merry way. :)
  • I went to Marshalls to get Mom a Mother's Day gift: a teacup/saucer set and 2 picture frames for photos I printed from my uncle and aunt's 50th wedding anniversary.
  • My last stop was New York & Company where I bought 2 lace sleeveless tops.
Julie texted me later to say that they were going to get sushi for dinner at the house. So, I wandered over there with the Mother's Day gifts. We also planned to make brunch for Sunday, so we went to Safeway to get milk, sausage and flowers to give to my aunt. I wandered down the ice cream aisle and stared longingly at the ice cream selection. Sigh. On the way home, we stopped by my uncle and aunt's house to deliver the flowers and also check in with my uncle who is currently undergoing dialysis.

I left the chocolate at my parents' house and didn't end up eating any since we had sushi for dinner. Julie said that she had moved the chocolate so that a) Mom wouldn't accidentally eat it and b) so I wouldn't be tempted to eat it if I'm at the house when my sister wasn't around to police it.

This healthy eating challenge apparently requires some teamwork.
I got a few compliments on this lipstick while I was out. It's Stila All-Day Liquid Lipstick in Bacca.
Mom said that I looked like the Catwoman image on my t-shirt.

0 comments :

Post a Comment