Pages

Monday, May 2, 2016

Push-ups and Leg Raises at CrossFit and Lunch with Sadira

6:30 AM CrossFit, check! We worked on our push-ups and hanging leg raises (not hanging knee raises this time, yay!)

WOD…5 rounds:
7 front squats (45 lbs)
10 lateral burpees
Time: 11:37

I didn’t want to straighten my hair this morning for work, but braiding it proved to be difficult because my shoulders got a workout this morning. 4 day work week…I’m taking Friday off to see Captain America: Civil War. YAY!

My former coworker Sadira sent me a text message on Friday, asking if I wanted to meet up with her for lunch on Monday. YES!  I haven't seen her since August when she moved to California to be closer to family. We went to Sweetgreen, which is her favorite place to eat near the office.

Today is Day 1 of my CrossFit gym's Healthy Eating challenge. The nutrition coach gave all participants a list of Yes foods, No foods and foods that you can eat, but you should stick to the Yes list. I got the Avocabbo salad with no corn and balsamic vinaigrette instead of the usual blue cheese dressing. I told Robyn about the challenge yesterday, and how we have to have a mantra that we tell ourselves throughout the challenge. "What's yours going to be? 'Donuts in June?'"

Maybe, hah. That does sound pretty awesome after not having any for a month.
For extra credit today, I went to 6:00 PM spin class and then went next door to the grocery store to restock on grapefruits. Mangoes, watermelon, pineapple and bananas are on the flexible list because of the sugar content, all things I like to eat! Especially bananas since they are convenient to eat before CrossFit in the morning. Citrus fruits, on the other hand, are on the Yes list.

1 comments :

Jen W. said...

Bwana! Now I really like Robyn! :D

Post a Comment