Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

A Bright and Merry Card

At the office: I had a new homeowner form that I had to fill out, but wanted to get some advice before I clicked the submit button. I went down the hall to my boss's boss's office. He was finishing up a conversation with another co-worker. "So, what can I do for you?" me- "Well, uh, this isn't work related..." and then I proceeded to launch it what the form was about and how I needed a grown up's advice. I felt really silly the second I finished that sentence. I've done quite a lot of growing up this year, but somehow I still don't feel like a grown up. Fortunately, he has a sense of humor and told me that I was in the wrong office, but he helped me anyway.

Spin class: I gave Anna a bag of chocolates as an end-of-the-year thank you gift after class was over tonight. She smiled, "Let me give you a sloppy hug. Happy Christmas." She's from England.

Bummer of the day: I went by my parents' house after going to the gym. Mom says, "I have bad news for you." My heart sunk a little. Did someone die? Is someone sick? "You got zapped by the speed camera again. In the same place as the last one." #$%@! Both times, it was in the same area as the craft show that I did earlier this month. I'm never going by there again. Ever. UGH! I guess I really need to control my "need for speed." (10 points if you can identify the movie reference)

Family: Today's Mom and Dad's wedding anniversary. Dad got Mom 30 pieces of Godiva white chocolate. Of course, I convinced Mom to open the box and share. 30 pieces is a lot to consume on your own, right? That's why you have family...so you can share! Mom liked the card that I made for Dad to give her. Yay.

2012 Race?: I got an email about the 2012 St. Patrick's Day 8K and its discounted race entry fee of $25 through the end of the year. Maybe this is a sign that I need to get back on my running legs.

Card: I'm not quite done yet with making all my Christmas cards. I think I'll send this one to my boss tomorrow. The white band was originally blue, but then I didn't think there would be enough contrast between the blue and kraft cardstocks. Thankfully, I was able to remove the blue cardstock without having to create a whole new card base.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Warm Red, Deep Green
Stamps: SEI- Winter Song (fern), Studio G (sentiment)
Paper: My Mind's Eye- Countdown to Christmas
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 4
White Gel Pen: Inkssentials

0 comments :

Post a Comment