Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Fall-To Layout #170

Reunion: Tonight, I went out to dinner (Copper Canyon Grill) with a girl I went to high school. It's been 10 years since I've seen her so there was a lot to catch up on. She had gone to the 10 year reunion a few weeks ago, so she updated me one some of the people she saw there. It was very nice to reconnect.

Feeling fashionable:
I was walking around DSW waiting for my friend from high school, and a little girl in a stroller commented on the yellow soles of the shoes I was wearing. "They're cool!!" I laughed and said thank you. Good thing I'm fashionable in the eyes of a 3 year old. While I was walking around outside, a woman stopped me to ask where I had gotten the pullover I was wearing (Old Navy) because she had bought sneakers for a relative (niece, granddaughter, daughter? Can't remember) and I guess the color of the pullover matched the sneakers so she wanted to know where she could get it.

Card: Here's my take on Fall-To Layout #170. I went for a flower theme on this card with Christmas colors, using buttons as the flowers and die cutting leaves from a recent Nestabilities acquisition. I used some green chalk ink on the edges of the leaves for a distressed look, but I think it came out a lot more subtle than I would have liked it to. Next time, I'm going all out with some Distress ink instead for a little more pop.
Card Specs:
Embossing powder: Stampendous! in white
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Warm Green
Stamps: Studio G (sentiment)
Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Foliage
White Gel Pen: Inkssentials

1 comments :

Natasha said...

Totally adorable! The button flowers are super cute!

Post a Comment