Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

Fall-To Layout #171

At the office: I am so proud of myself.

I guess the awesomeness of the accomplishment depends on who you are, but for me, it's BIG.

What did I do?

I was actually SOCIAL tonight!

Ha ha. I know. That's kinda lame, but for my usual hermit self, going to an office happy hour was a nice change of pace and whaddiya know, I actually had fun and I had a beer! Us gaggle of girls gossiped for about 1.5 hours before I said good night, went to Potbelly, picked up a roast beef sandwich, and headed home. I also went to a 1-hour spin class this morning (and last night), so I'm feeling like I've done a good job of burning off all the cookies I ate yesterday at the cookie exchange. Along with all the cookies that were available, a partner sent us a huge box of popcorn (caramel, chocolate, peanut butter, etc.).

After the happy hour, I came home and noticed that RJ was not at the door and not on the couch. I went upstairs expecting to see him on my pillow, but instead, found him in my closet, sleeping on top of a sweatshirt. Lovely.

Bummer of the day: I got some mail saying that I got zapped by the speed camera. There goes $40 down the drain. Sigh.

Card: Dad asked me to make a card for Mom for their 30th wedding anniversary, which is Monday. Since Mom's got a green thumb and loves to garden, I thought that a flower would be a great focal point for the card. I folded an origami rose from paper that I got for Christmas last year, die cut some leaves and found the appropriate stamps and letter/number stickers for the sentiment.
Card Specs:
Ink: StazOn in Jet Black
Paper: Die Cuts with a View- Nana's Kitchen
Stamps: Fiskars- Romance (sentiment)
Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Foliage
Stickers: American Crafts Dear Lizzy Christmas Glitter Chipboard Thickers in Sparkling
Other: American Crafts Stamp Marker in Black

4 comments :

Almost Precious said...

Lovely card that you created, I'm sure it will be one that your mother will keep and cherish.

Bummer about getting caught on the traffic control camera. :( Bet they caught a lot of people as everyone is in a hurry this time of year ... too much to do and not enough time to do it all in.

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous card for mom - bummer about the speed camera.

From one hermit to another congrats on the social night! Glad you had a good time! :)

Natasha said...

Beautiful card! Love the folded flower and the glittered numbers!

Vicki Fraser said...

Great card, love the rose. Only $40 for a speeding fine is good compared mine at $130 for less than 15 klms over the limit. maybe I should move to the states lol.

Post a Comment