Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Culinary Success

Nail stuff: I got a comment recently to do a tutorial on how I do my nail stamp art. Since I don't have a very good camera to show the details and I don't have a good handle on my video editing software, I thought it'd be best to refer folks to existing nail stamp art tutorials. I learned how to do it through Kristina Werner in this blog post. Yeah, I mean, this whole nail stamp art might take a little bit of time, effort, and practice, but to me, all that is totally worth it.

Culinary success: I went over to my parents' house tonight to drop off presents to put under the tree as well as some chicken marsala (I did it on my own this time, without my sister's help!) that I made earlier today. Dad immediately opened the plastic container and dug in and said that it was pretty good. Yay! Mom complimented me on my red/white nails.

Snail mail: I saw a Christmas card for me posted on my parents' refrigerator. It was from a former supervisor (he gave me my first job out of undergrad). Inside, he wrote "Are you still at home? Call me!" Ha ha, no, I finally left the nest! Even though I sent him a Christmas card, detailing all the major events this year, I think I'll give him a call tomorrow morning.

Card: Almost everything about this card is out of the ordinary. a) new sentiment stamp, b) haven't used those swirl stamps in a while, c) almost never use the color purple in my cards, d) I think this is the first time I've used this particular stamp pad.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Charcoal, Sour Apple
Stamps: Studio G (sentiment), Me & My Big Ideas- Sassy Icons (flourishes)
Brad: Making Memories Brad Value Pack- Chelsea's Place collection
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
Flowers: Prima
Other: American Crafts Stamp Marker in Violet

0 comments :

Post a Comment