Pages

Monday, December 26, 2011

An Experiment With Washi Tape

Spin class: I had a long conversation (20 minutes?) with Anna the spin instructor after spin class today. She asked me how my Christmas was (I told her I hung out with family) and then the conversation went to my family background and Taiwan and work and school and her son's decision on where to go to college. I've been going to her class for almost 3 years, and this was the longest conversation that I've had with her. It's not that I don't want to talk to her, but usually there are other people in the class that strike up a conversation with her right after class starts. Because there weren't that many people in the class today, this was a good opportunity to chat. :)

Card: My cousin got me two rolls of washi tape for Christmas, so I decided this would be a perfect opportunity to try them out. I've never worked with washi tape before so I did some Google research to get some ideas before I got started. I had some die cuts on my desk that I was going to use for another card, but then didn't, so I wanted to make sure that I used those too. I'm not sure if I get why washi tape was all the rage this year in the crafting world, but I am happy to have a new embellishment option to use in my crafty stash.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Charcoal
Paper: American Crafts- City Park
Stamps: Studio G (sentiment)
Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 4, Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles Large
Washi Tape: from Container Store
White Gel Pen: Uni-Ball Signo Broad White Gel Pen

I'm bringing my Iron Man 2, Toy Story 3, and The Blind Side DVDs to the office tomorrow so that we have something to pick from when we begin our movie-in-the-conference-room tradition. I'm curious to see if anyone else is going to bring in something from their collection.

0 comments :

Post a Comment