Pages

Friday, June 13, 2014

For She's a Jolly Good Fellow

One of the office's senior directors had her retirement party today.  Despite it being on a Friday (a day that many of us telework) there was a pretty good showing of folks.  Many people also brought stuff in: macaroni and cheese, fried rice, salads (both fruit and vegetable), ice cream (Jennifer's contribution, banana pudding (my contribution), orange and blueberry pound cake, a carrot Indian dessert, brownies, etc.  Yum!  A few of her staff put together a nice memory book with pictures from throughout her career and I think she was really touched by that.  Now, she's going to be hanging out on the beach and periodically doing some consulting for us. What a nice way to close this chapter in her life.
I forgot to mention that on Thursday, I had a surprise present on my desk.  Deborah gave me a magnet as a thank you for lugging some of her clothes to the annual meeting since it wouldn't fit in her suitcase.  I, of course, promptly put it up on my white board at work.

0 comments :

Post a Comment