Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2014

My Car's First Flat Tire

Blink blink.

What is that noise?!

I thought I was going to be able to sleep in this morning but the HOA folks came in with their lawn mower and trimmers. I guess this was the universe telling me that it was time to go to work.

The office was mostly empty because many of the people that went to the annual meeting decided to take their comp day today.  For any of the folks that went to the meeting and decided to come in anyway, I felt like we looked liked complete zombies because of lack of sleep. The only productive thing I did today was probably filling out my expense report. 

I noticed when I was driving home from my parents' house last night that the low tire pressure indicator was lit up. I decided that I would address it after I came home from work today but I realized when I was pulling into the parking lot at home that it was because of an almost flat tire. Nooooo! I thought the tire was just underinflated so I had enough air to get myself to a local gas station. The air machine there was broken and when I went to see if the mechanic could help me out, he informed me that the reason why my tire was flat was because I had driven over a nail. Fortunately, he said that he would be able to fix it for $10. He was able to get me back on the road in about 10 minutes and I was so happy!

When I was unpacking my suitcase I found my badge from this year and I added it to the badges from the two previous meetings that I was at.  It's exciting to see that my role at the meeting has moved up over the years. I thought moderating a session would be scary since I do not like public speaking but it actually wasn't too bad because I wrote down everything that I needed to say and I also came up with questions in case the audience didn't have any for the speakers. It pays to be prepared!

0 comments :

Post a Comment