Pages

Monday, June 30, 2014

Monday Monday

The monthly staff breakfast this morning went well, I think.  On the menu: yogurt, juice, French toast, eggs, potatoes, sausage, turkey bacon, and fruit salad.  I got quite a few compliments on the fruit salad, which was nice because I spent some time yesterday chopping up everything.  (There was no way I was going to spend $60 on a fruit tray from the caterer when I could do it myself for cheaper!)  I also brought in a thing of banana pudding for folks to eat later after lunch.

I have to say that I was a little miffed that the directors didn't participate in helping with breakfast even though this was breakfast hosted by our departments. So much for a team effort.  :(  No offer to help bring food, get food, or clean up.  I am, however, thankful that the other staff members in the department were there to help out.  A part of me wants to "take the day off" on that day next year so someone else can do the coordinating.

I had a rain cloud over my head for most of the day.  However, my mood perked up when I got into the elevator with a coworker and she said "Thanks for breakfast.  It was really good.  It was probably one of the better ones that we've had here." 

Oh, that was nice. :)

I don't think she knew how much I needed to hear that.

0 comments :

Post a Comment