Pages

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Lipstick and Book Purge

I was looking at a collection of lipsticks that I had in my closet.  I don't know why I was holding onto them for so long.  The finish or color or both were just not for me.  I guess I felt guilty because they are higher end (Estee Lauder) or were given to me as a gift (one of those free gift with purchase...my mom or aunt would buy skin care and I'd get the free lipstick).  Who wears frost finish lipsticks anymore?  Yikes.  I'm thinking about doing a makeup inventory between now and the end of the year, as inspired by PinkSoFoxy on YouTube.  I was really impressed by how much her makeup collection has whittled away in the past few years.
I also dug around my closet to see what else I could get rid of.  I decided to box up some chemistry books for recycling.  I had to get real with myself.  I hadn't cracked them open since 2005 when I graduated college. It's all a bunch of mumbo-jumbo to me now anyway. I would sell them, but it's just not worth the hassle for a few bucks.

1 comments :

Anonymous said...

I just threw out a bunch of old make up....some of it was over 5 years old. Guess I read someplace not to keep make up over 2-3 years. bought some fresh lipstick, now I just have to keep from buying more. Have a whole slew of nailpolishes....yikes!!! I used to get those estee lauder free kits ...sure did like them.
Louise

Post a Comment