Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Button Happy

Whew, it's been a long day. I was up at 6:30 and had to get out of the house at a reasonable time to get to my storytelling seminar that started at 8 AM. While the class was informative, I was feeling very tired when I walked through the front door around 6:20 PM. I scarfed down all the chicken parm I had left and camped out on the couch. I wouldn't have been able to make it to the TH night spin class, so I decided to do my workout inside while watching Iron Man, which happened to be on TV. Last week, I bought a jump rope at Marshalls on a whim and wow, after jumping rope for about 10 minutes, I was pleasantly surprised that it increased my heart rate and I was working up a sweat.

I had wanted to purchase a used rowing machine that I saw on CraigsList, but I found out last night that someone else beat me to it. I'm taking this as a sign that I wasn't supposed to have bought it anyway. The $6 jump rope gave me as much of a workout as a $600 rowing machine would have. I might revisit this rowing machine idea, but for now, I'll exercise on a budget.

Here's another birthday card that I made today. I wanted to use a large pansy stamp that I bought recently at a crafty yard sale. I think the yellow is so cheerful!

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Ocean, Yellow Citrus, and Blackbird
Stamp: Hero Arts- Pansy Portrait, Envelope Pattern, Studio G (sentiment)
Punches: Fiskars Scalloped Sentiment border punch
Brad: American Crafts Large Brads- Dandelion, Cherry
Other: We R Memory Keepers Sew Easy Fancy Floss in Candy Stripe, Lemonade, Blueberry

2 comments :

stampingandstitching said...

Beautiful card! The pansy image looks gorgeous stamped in yellow and I love all the buttons!

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

That's a cute card Tina....I have a pansy stamp like your's, shall have to try it in yellow, time to pull out the pansy stamp!!!

Post a Comment