Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Culinary Successes

Newest culinary successes: My cousin flew in from Taiwan today for a week's stay. My sister usually bakes a tray of brownies for her, but since Julie's at school, I stepped in to make the brownies. I usually stray away from brownies because I always somehow scramble the eggs. I discovered last night that the dessert section of my recipe binder didn't have a single brownie recipe (I know, shocking, since I'm really into baking). Julie came to my rescue and supplied me with the recipe and tips. I took my time today, and the brownies were a success (I ate 2 in the name of quality assurance). I went to my cousin's house tonight to drop off 12 brownies. That'll keep them busy over there for a few days. I might have to make another tray for her travels back to Taiwan.


Recipe #9 of 2012: Pork chops were on sale at Safeway this week, and this was good timing because I found a new crock pot recipe for ranch house pork chops via Pinterest. I just made the pork chops and skipped out on the potatoes and used cream of mushroom soup instead of cream of chicken. To increase the amount of gravy, I added some milk to the crock pot. Yum!

Card: I felt that a butterfly stamp set that I won a while back was feeling neglected so I used it to create the background for the card. It kinda reminds me of something you'd seen in a nature book.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Blackbird, Warm Red, Yellow Ochre, Warm Green
Stamps: Hero Arts- Sending Smiles, Bombshell Stamps- Butterfly Dreams, Inkadinkado- Nature
Paper: American Crafts- Dear Lizzy Enchanted
Punch: Fiskars Scalloped Sentiment border punch

1 comments :

Jen W. said...

That chicken looks amazing!! Will definitely try it.

I often find brownies a bit too dense but I just discovered chocolate pumpkin cake. Take devils food cake mix and add a can of pumpkin (but none of the other stuff - oil, eggs, etc). The texture when it's done is somewhere between a cake and a brownie. AWESOME!

Post a Comment