Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

Fall-To Layout #196

RJ the pillow hog: He has this awful habit of sleeping on my pillow, even though there's a fluffier one right next to it that I rarely use. I come home from the gym this morning to find him on the other pillow. Gasp! Maybe he's changed his ways. I went back downstairs to check work email and went back up to take a shower. Only to find him snoozing on my pillow. I wonder if he was contentiously just putting on a show for me earlier.

Grocery Shopping Fail:
I went grocery shopping without taking my umbrella, knowing full well that the forecast was calling for rain pretty soon. I was checking out when I noticed that it was pouring outside, with a side of thunder and lightning.

Oh, super.

I hung out near the grocery carts, hoping I could run out when the rain calmed down. 15 minutes later, it was raining about the same.

Crap.

My ice cream is melting!! Haagen Dazs Java Chip! I mean, this is the good stuff. (sigh) Ok, desperate times call for desperate measures.

I grabbed my reusable bags filled with groceries and made a run for the car. I was soaked when I got home, but at least my ice cream wasn't totally melted.

Card: Here's my card for Fall-To Layout #196. I liked how this card sketch allowed me to use a busy piece of patterned paper. It's difficult to use that kind of paper as a background because it's so "loud," it'd compete with everything else on the card. However, when chopped up, it's a lot more manageable.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox Chalk Ink in Blackbird
Stamp: Studio G
Paper: American Crafts- Abode
White Gel Pen: Uni-Ball Signo Broad White Gel Pen
Baker's Twine: We R Memory Keepers Sew Easy Fancy Floss in Cream Soda

1 comments :

Jen W. said...

Not so sure the umbrella would be a good idea in the lightning anyway...

Really like this card -such a sensible way to use up those busy sheets of paper I never know what to do with!

Post a Comment