Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

Les Misérables

Movie night: I haven't even made it through one week in the new year, and I've already been to the movies.  Tonight, Meg, Robyn and I went to see Les Misérables in Chinatown.  I haven't seen the musical, so what I know about the story came from Wikipedia.  I wasn't sure what to expect since I've heard mixed reviews, but it was pretty good.  I wouldn't say that it's something that I would buy on DVD just because I spent so much time crying through it, tears just streaming down my face when Anne Hathaway sang "I Dreamed a Dream" and at the end of the movie.  It was really different to see Hugh Jackman so sickly looking, since in my head, he will always be Wolverine from the X-Men.  But I guess that goes to show that he is a versatile actor.

Presents: Meg got me a fun tumbler for Christmas.  If you look carefully, it says CRAFT: Creating Really Awesome Fun Things. I also got some cookies and Hershey's Kisses, which I'm eating for "dinner" since there wasn't time to get a bite to eat before the movie.  If we waited any longer, we would have had to sit in the very front row.

Small victory: As I was walking to the house, the Neighborhood Cat was sitting outside my place.  It ran to me and let me pet...him (I think it's a him).  It's cold night like tonight that makes me feel sad for the stray animals out there.  When the cat and I parted ways, I unlocked my door to a warm house and RJ on his back, showing off his belly.  Anyway, this was a small victory because it's always been very shy and always runs away.  It's never come towards me before!

Call me the Cat Whisperer.

0 comments :

Post a Comment