Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

New Nails and Alexandria Restaurant Week

New Nails: I'll use any excuse to a) use a coupon and b) get new nail polish.  It's a fantastic extra bonus if the two are combined.  CVS was having a sale on these new CoverGirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss polishes (2/$10 and then take $3 off with a manufacturer's coupon and then you get a $1 coupon when you check out so it's really like getting these for 2/$6).  I wandered over to CVS after spin class this morning and bought two colors that I didn't have in another brand at home (I know, how is that even possible??): Wine to Five and Constant Caribbean.  Constant Caribbean, a teal-ish color, is the one that I put on today (2 coats).  It's very similar to the Hotski for Tchotchke Shallac manicure that I got in November for Robyn's birthday.  Now I can get the same manicure, but for a fraction of the Shellac price.

Alexandria Restaurant Week: Robyn, Meg, Maria and I went to The Wharf for dinner tonight to take advantage of the Restaurant Week menu.  They had a fixed menu that had a few options for appetizers, entrees, and dessert for $35 (not including tax and tip).  I went with the lobster crabcake, Maine Lobster-Scallop Au Gratin with mashed potatoes, and Mixed Berry Créme Brulee.  OMG, the food was amazing as usual.  Good thing I went to spin class this morning!

Song of the day: "Mermaid"- Train

0 comments :

Post a Comment