Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Raccoon Love Card

Nails: The cashier at Staples complimented me on my nails.  Hee hee.  

Crafty Shopping: After watching a few Michaels hauls on YouTube yesterday, I ventured out to 2 of them today to see if I could find goodies for myself.  Being super picky about what I was going to spend money on, I only came out with a 2-pack of metallic Faber-Castell Gelatos.  I don't know what the original price of these are, but I got them on clearance and then I was able to use my 40% off coupon.  The final price was $1.27.  I didn't even use my own money because Julie gave me a Michaels gift card for Christmas.  Truth be told, I had no idea how to use these, but for $1.27, it was worth the risk.

Happy Mail: My friend Suzie sent me this stuffed kitty that she made.  How cute, right?  I think I'm going to name it Pokey...as in Garfield's teddy.  He'll hang out with Ginger on one of my bedroom shelves.  For Christmas, I sent her a bunch of my homemade cards because I know that she, too, likes to send snail mail.  One of the cards that I made came back to me.  I always find that amusing.

Homeowner win: My toilet upstairs has been giving me trouble recently, specifically the flapper.  I replaced it this afternoon (Mom actually had an extra one at home...she is prepared for everything!) and it seems to be doing much better.  Fingers crossed.

Movie fail: I borrowed several DVDs from the library yesterday.  One of them being Drive.  I have to say that Ryan Gosling was a motivating factor, as well as it's 93% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.  I started watching it tonight and got about 2/3 the way through and decided it was too awful to continue.  Gosling appeared wooden.  It was violent (too much for my tastes anyway).  Just plain not interesting.  YAWN.  I think the last time I had this feeling was when I watched Prince of Persia.  Again, the movie was so bad that a) I couldn't finish it and b) a hot actor wasn't enough to save it.

Card: I found some cute TPC Studio chipboard embellishments at Tuesday Morning today.  Each package has a raccoon, bee, and deer, and Tuesday Morning sold them as a bundle of 6 for $4.49!  I decided to use some scraps that were already near my paper trimmer, specifically the metallic red and the negative of a die-cut.

Card Specs:
Paper: American Crafts- Letterbox, American Crafts- Hello Sunshine
Stickers: TPC Studio- My Funny Valentine (raccoon), Basic Grey Micro Mono Stickers
Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 4, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
Punch: Martha Stewart Garden Gate border punch
Other: Black Sharpie Ultra Fine Point marker

0 comments :

Post a Comment