Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

CPS #278

I hate Sears: I called several HVAC places today to get a second opinion on this UV mold prevention gadget that I had installed by Sears on Monday when I had my air ducts cleaned. The service man told me that I had mold growing in the coils. What I didn't know until today was that it's unlikely that there would be mold growing in only 2 months time. He showed me this grainy picture to convince me and then used a scare tactic to persuade me to install the machine. The other thing that I didn't know was that you have to be certified to be a mold inspector, and guess what, Sears technicians are NOT certified to identify mold. I feel that I got jipped. I'm sure the UV light is a helpful thing to have, but I'm not sure it was completely necessary since I hadn't been feeling sick or anything.

The Sears supervisor is supposed to call me back within 24-48 hours so we can remedy this problem. They told me that they couldn't uninstall the machine (we'll see about that!), but could offer me a discount. I was also sure to let them know that I was not happy about the condition they left my house. I will not be using Sears again.

The electric company came to install a new digital thermostat, and the first thing he says is, "Is your AC running?" My heart sinks. Well, yes, but I don't think my house is getting cool enough. "Your unit might be running low on refrigerant." I called the home warranty people, and they are sending some one over on FRI. Gawd, the amount of work that has been done to this house this summer is ridiculous. I guess that's the downside of being a homeowner! This is just exhausting. This is definitely a lesson learned to not give into scare tactics and to be more well informed before getting services done to the house. :(

Card:
For today's card (using CPS #278 as inspiration), I dry embossed half of a card base as to not let it go to waste. I stamped on the other half of it, but didn't like the resulting image. Into the recycle bin it goes!

Off to the dentist tomorrow for a regular check up. Wow, the fun never ends this week, does it?

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Charcoal.
Paper: Chatterbox
Stamp: Hero Arts- Everyday Sayings
Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Floral Doily Motifs
Punch: Recollections
Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug (Victoria)
Other: Liquid Pearl in Buttercup

1 comments :

June K said...

Tina, I'm so sorry you are having to go through this with Sears. I hate hearing about these customer service issues.

Post a Comment