Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

A Food-y Reward

At the office: I checked my phone for work emails before I left the house this morning and found one from my boss. It was a request to type up two documents. The originals were scanned PDFs so they couldn't be easily copied and pasted into a new MS Word document. Fortunately, I recently installed MS Word to my new computer a few days ago, so I decided to do this assignment at home before heading to the office. I finished the request in about 10 minutes, uploaded them to the SharePoint site and sent her an email with the link.

I got the following email later on in the morning, while she was taking a break from her meeting: "You are so good to me. We will call you first for lunch leftovers." I think one of the keys to a good manager is knowing how to best motivate and reward your staff. I was a happy camper this afternoon, writing up my article and eating meeting leftovers.

Card: I wanted to use a Pebbles stamp set that I bought a while back, but hadn't used yet. The cake image caught my eye. I wish it was more versatile in that it could be used for any type of cake, such as wedding AND birthday, but the flower makes it look more wedding-y. That's okay though. I went in the wedding card direction because of it.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Charcoal, Rose Coral. Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo
Paper: American Crafts- Letterbox
Stamps: American Crafts- Studio G, Pebbles- Crazy in Love
White Gel Pen: Uni-Ball Signo Broad White Gel Pen

0 comments :

Post a Comment