Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

Company Picnic

At the office: Today was the annual company summer picnic, and I thought the event was a success. The theme was a Hawaiian luau this year, and we had the leis and food to go along with the theme. Many of my co-workers brought their kids to the event, and many of them around the age of 1 and below (we had a recent baby boom, obviously). The menu was meatballs, chicken, Hawaiian pork, potato salad, and 2 kinds of cake (pineapple upside down and coconut chocolate cake? I'm not sure since I passed on dessert). The picnic was over around 2 PM, and we were dismissed after that. I volunteered to take the recycling home with me, and now my
blue recycling bin is totally full of water bottles, soda cans, and bear bottles. The neighbors will think I had quite the party. After the picnic, I took a celebratory end-of-the-week nap in my nicely ACed house. ::sigh of relief::

Article: For the past month, I've been working on an article to submit for publication in a journal. I submitted it after my nap, and now I'm crossing my fingers that it'll be accepted. I'm the only author, so it'll be a nice thing to put on my resume.

RJ: I didn't have anything defrosted for dinner, so I went to Crisp and Juicy for a chicken dinner. RJ happily hopped onto the dining room table to volunteer to help me eat some.

Movie: I had a 50 cent off coupon for Redbox so I rented This Means War. Meh, it was a cute movie, but nothing spectacular that I'd want to see again. I've definitely seen better romantic comedies.

0 comments :

Post a Comment