Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Just 4 You Card

Here's the card that I came up with tonight. I wanted to use another one of my border punches that I got from Marshalls last week and some scraps that I had near my paper trimmer. I had the bottom panel all set, but then my creativity came to a halt when I was trying to decide what to do with the remaining "white space." I decided on doing some tone-on-tone stamping to add some subtle visual interest. I thought I was going to do some white embossing for the card, but then I realized that having something cream colored would be better to match the cream in the pattered paper. Fortunately, I had some off-white colored alphabet letters from Basic Grey. It was great to dig them out of the bottom of my crafty goodies box and use them.

Card Specs:
Cardbase: Recollections
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Deep Lagoon
Stamp: Me & My Big Ideas- Sassy Icons (flourish)
Paper: My Mind's Eye- All Spice, g.c.d. Studios- Chianti Collection
Punch: EK Success- Retro Flower border punch, Fiskars Scalloped Sentiment border punch
Stickers: Basic Grey Micro Mono Stickers
Flowers: Recollections

0 comments :

Post a Comment