Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Are We There Yet?

At the office: My boss gave me her feedback on the article that I was tasked to write for an upcoming supplement. I almost fell out of my chair at first glance of the paper...there were lots of comments in Track Changes. When I looked closer, they won't be too difficult to fix or add more information. My biggest weakness in the paper is that I write like I'm assuming that the reader knows what I'm talking about, so I have a tendency to leave out some of the details. I can't wait to turn this paper in on August 31. I think I might have to celebrate by tacking on a couple of vacation days after, especially with Labor Day in that weekend.

Card: Here's the card that I made for today. I was inspired by banners, can you tell? Truth be told, I had to do a little card surgery on this one. The yellow piece of patterned paper had a little cut on it on the right hand side. While it wasn't blatant, I knew it was there, so of course, I had to find a way to fix it! I sliced off that edge of the paper and attached a small strip of the pale green paper to make up for the space left behind. Whew! I'm glad that the cut wasn't bigger because then I would have had to start all over again!

Card Specs:
Paper: Die Cuts with a View- Mango Frost
Punch: EK Success Parisian border punch
Stickers: Lily Bee Design
White Gel Pen: Uni-Ball Signo Broad White Gel Pen
Other: K.I. Memories- Round Buttons Softies, Liquid Pearl in White Opal, We R Memory Keepers Sew Easy Fancy Floss in Lemonade

1 comments :

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Cute, like the color combos. At first glance I thought your forgot your white stiching on the card.....then I noticed it at the top of your card. I keep forgetting to add stiching to my cards, one of these days I will.

Post a Comment