Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Sweets at the Office

At the office: After having a few days off for the holidays, it was a little tough to get out of bed this morning to trudge to the office.  Fortunately, traffic was very light and I whizzed past many green lights.  I was pleasantly surprised by a little baggie of chocolate that my office mate left for me.  I wonder how long they've been sitting here since it's been quite a while since I've sat in this seat.  I've been setting up camp in the main office the past few weeks just because there was more life in that building lately.  I was hoping that she would come in, but she took a sick day today.  Anyway, the chocolate was exactly what I needed to get through the first day at the office.  This is funny because I got her two packs of Junior Mints before a big meeting that she was running.  Candy solves many of our problems.

Good thing this is a short work week.  I don't think I would have been able to handle a full work week.

I realized this past Monday that there are 2 reports that are due on FRI. (panic ensues)  UGH, if I wasn't on vacation mode last week, I would have drafted it last week when I was at the office!  Fortunately, my boss and I were able to work on it today, and it's now gone out for review.  Whew, that was close.

Family: Julie is going back to school tomorrow, so Dad got some take-out and I went over to my parents' house for our last dinner together until probably March.  After dinner, Julie and I were looking at Pinterest and laughing a photos of Grumpy Cat.

Card: For today's card, I wanted to make a card for my friend Page.  She's on school break for now, but if it's anything like going back to work today, going back to pharmacy school will be just as tough.  I wanted to send her a card around the time that the new semester starts so it'll perk her up as she starts to hit the books again.  I broke out a new punch that I bought a while back, a new ink pad (Sahara Sand), and a new stamp set (Good Neighbors).

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Chestnut Roan, Warm Red, Deep Lagoon. Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo. Stampin' Up in Sahara Sand.
Stamp: Stampin' Up- Good Neighbors (houses), Hero Arts- Envelope Pattern
Paper: American Crafts- The Classics
Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 8
Rub-On: Karen Foster Design- Thinking of You
Punch: EK Success Acanthus Leaf border punch, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
Other: Stampin' Up Marker in Crumb Cake

0 comments :

Post a Comment