Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Indianapolis, Day 1

Dad and I headed to the airport around 6 AM and there were a surprising amount of people there on an early Sunday morning.  I'm not really sure why since Memorial Day is next weekend.  Where is everyone going?  Anyway, it was only a 2 hour flight, which I slept most of the way.  Complete with lots of head nodding.  I would have leaned my head against the window, but I got an aisle seat.  At least I didn't sleep with my mouth open.  Two other coworkers were on my flight so we cabbed together to the hotel.

The meeting doesn't start until tomorrow, so I wanted to have fun today before I have to be officially "on." The Indianapolis Zoo was about a 1 mile walk from downtown, so off I went!  The weather was warm and humid, but I've been in worse.  It was worth it to get the exercise and see the animals. My favorite exhibit was watching the dolphins in an underwater dome.  Wow, do they swim fast!  I mean, I knew that, but it's different to see them swimming from underwater. 

I came back to the hotel after about 2 hours of walking around the zoo and fell asleep.  I woke up and walked to the meeting registration so that I could pick up my staff badge.  Then I headed to Noodles and Company for some macaroni and cheese with meatballs. I figured I'd go with something low key tonight since I have dinner plans the rest of the time I'm here.  It's the one time that I can be a hermit and watch NCIS and write out my postcards to friends and family. 
Yay, I made it!
The giraffes looked excited that a huge line of people were waiting to feed them carrots.
Peek-a-boo, I see you.
It's tough to see in this picture, but the cheetah is sticking out its tongue.

0 comments :

Post a Comment