Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Floral Hello Card

At the office: One of my co-workers bought 5 of my cards today. Yay, I can do some shopping this weekend! ;)

Spin class:
I sat down on my bike tonight at spin class, and Nancy (Thursday night's instructor) turned around. She paused as if she was thinking of what she was going to say. "I ate half a pumpkin pie in two days!!!" I burst out laughing because it sounded like she felt she was in a confessional. Awww, it's okay. Even spin instructors have weak moments. I asked her if it was worth it. "YES!" Ok, then I guess that's all that matters. The fact that you came to class doesn't hurt either.

Card: For tonight's card, I started with a piece of dark red card base that I messed up on last week for another card. One side of the card base was stamped wrong so I had to recycle it, but the back piece was still usable. I did a little tone-on-tone stamping for a subtle background. Then I used my new favorite border punch and adhered the two blue pieces with some yellow patterned paper to the cardstock. I wanted to use some Thickers for the sentiment and some pearls for added dimension. After all that, I thought the card was still missing something. I debated on stamping something and using white embossing powder, but I was too far along with the card to risk not having that image come out perfectly. I decided to use some white rub-ons that I bought last week. Usually rub-ons are not my friend, but they came out perfectly this time. Whew!

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Warm Red
Paper: American Crafts- Abode
Stamps: Me & My Big Ideas- Sassy Icons (flower)
Punch: EK Success Postage Stamp border punch
Rub-on: American Crafts, Mini Marks, Accents, Book Three
Pearl: Queen & Co.- Pearl
Stickers: American Crafts Foam Thickers in Wonder

0 comments :

Post a Comment