Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Lunar New Year Celebration and Fall-To Layout #174

Lunar New Year: I went over to my uncle's house to celebrate the Lunar New Year with my family. The star of the dinner was a sticky rice stuffed duck, which makes an appearance every year. Everything at dinner was so good that I definitely went back for seconds. Needless to say, I'll be going to spin class tomorrow morning. A family friend's kid was totally flirting with my cousin Emily (the picture doesn't really show it, but he was).
Card:
Here's my take on Fall-To Layout #174. When I saw the sketch, I knew exactly which sentiment stamp I wanted to use. It's one of the few sentiment stamps that's oriented vertically instead of horizontally. From there, I chose a green Recollections card and stamped the Hero Arts background stamp with Versamark. I thought the ink would be enough to create a tone-on-tone effect, but it was too subtle that you almost couldn't see it. Fortunately, I had my clear embossing powder on hand to make the dots stand out a little more. Then I worked on cutting down the yellow patterned paper and ribbon piece together and adhering the card. The finishing touches were rounding the top right corner and adhering the dimensional sticker. I'm thankful that the yellows matched very nicely.
Card Specs:
Embossing powder: Stampendous! in clear
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Charcoal
Stamp: Hero Arts- Time to Enjoy, Hero Arts- Cling Dots (background)
Paper: American Crafts- Letterbox
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, EK Success Postage Stamp border punch
Stickers: Jolee's Boutique- Cream Buds

0 comments :

Post a Comment